Published originally in lareira.net by Marta, on 25/12/2001
Amount Per Serving
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13g 20%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Cholesterol 85mg 28%
Sodium 148mg 6%
Potassium 1091mg 31%
Total Carbohydrates 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 33g 66%
Vitamin A 46%
Vitamin C 81%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Brown the onion and garlic, finely chopped, in olive oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour and fry lightly for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sweet Spanish paprika (or spicy), dissolve it, and pour the wine.
- Cook all together, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes to thicken the sauce as the clams will lose water.
- Add the clams and cover to make easier for them to open.
- Once the clams are open, uncover the pan and let cook several minutes to evaporate some water and thicken the sauce.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.