Published originally in lareira.net by Marta, on 25/12/2001
Cachelos - Galician-style boiled potatoes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.4g 1%
Saturated Fat 0.2g 1%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
Cholesterol 0.2mg 0%
Sodium 792mg 33%
Potassium 480mg 14%
Total Carbohydrates 24g 8%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 3g 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Wash the potatoes very well removing completely all the soil residues.
- Don’t remove the skin.
- Cut into halves, put in a pan with a bay leaf, salt and cover with water.
- Boil until about 5 minutes are left to finish.
- Drain the water leaving 1 or 2 milimeters at the bottom.
- Put the pan back on the heat (off- only the waste heat) until they are completely dry.
- Also, they can be finished in the oven.