Published by Marta, 2 June, 2017
Tuna Empanada (dough made with milk)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 799 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33g 51%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Cholesterol 12mg 4%
Sodium 227mg 9%
Potassium 773mg 22%
Total Carbohydrates 98g 33%
Dietary Fiber 16g 64%
Protein 36g 72%
Vitamin A 17%
Vitamin C 85%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Julienne the onions and the red pepper.
- Heat 4 or 5 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil and fry lightly the onion and pepper.
- Drain the fried vegetables and set the oil aside (it will be used to make the dough).
- Mix the tuna with the onion and peppers and let settle while preparing the dough.
- Put into the mixing bowl 100 g of the oil we had put aside from making the filling, 130 g water, 50 g milk and 20 g fresh yeast.
- Warm 90 secs / 40ºC / speed 3
- Add 400 g strong flour and 1 tsp of salt to the bowl .
- Knead 2 minutes / bread mode.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead by hand until 100 g more of flour had been incorporated.
- Let settle, covered, for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Cut the dough into 2 halves. Shape each one of them into rectangles the size of the oven dish.
- Place one of the halves onto the dish and spread the filling over it.
- Cover with the other half and make a hole in the center.
- Paint with beaten egg and bake for 30 minutes (200ºC)
- Let cool on a wire cooling rack.