Published originally in lareira.net by Marta, on 25/12/2001
Horse mackerels escabeche
Amount Per Serving
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18g 28%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Cholesterol 99mg 33%
Sodium 83mg 3%
Potassium 565mg 16%
Total Carbohydrates 5g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 26g 52%
Vitamin A 45%
Vitamin C 7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Brown 2 cloves of garlic in the olive oil to prevent it from tasting raw. Then discard them.
- Let the oil cool down a bit and add the sweet Spanish paprika. Dissolve it,
- Add the vinegar and mix all together.
- In a pot put a layer of pieces of cloves and bay leaves. Next a layer of horse mackeres. Repeat until there are no more ingredients left.
- Pour the mixture of olive oil, paprika and vinegar into the pot.
- Let settle for several hours before eat.