Published originally in lareira.net by Marta, on 25/12/2001
Amount Per Serving
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.03g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.03g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.03g
Cholesterol 35mg 12%
Sodium 626mg 26%
Potassium 826mg 24%
Total Carbohydrates 0.2g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0%
Protein 39g 78%
Vitamin A 0.3%
Vitamin C 0.2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Bring to a boil plenty of water with a good amount of coarse marine salt and 3 or 4 bay leaves.
- When the water starts to boil, add the barnacles.
- When the water starts to boil again, drain the barnacles and serve.
- If the barnacles are very big cook them for 1 minute before draining them.