Published by Miguel, 19 June, 2017
Rice with caramote prawns
Amount Per Serving
Calories 652 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24g 37%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Cholesterol 349mg 116%
Sodium 1431mg 60%
Potassium 826mg 24%
Total Carbohydrates 56g 19%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 54g 108%
Vitamin A 11%
Vitamin C 46%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Clean the prawns tails, setting aside the shells and heads.
- Season the tails with salt and pepper and put aside.
- Fry lightly the shells in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the filleted garlic cloves, the julienne onion and pepper, and the tomato, crushed and seasoned with sugar and the same amount of salt.
- Once all is fried, add the rice and fry gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour 700 g fumet over the rice and bring it to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, add the caramote prawns and let boil, uncovered, for 17 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let settle, covered, for 5 minutes.