Published by Marta, 23 June, 2017
Baked cod with easy Pil Pil sauce
Amount Per Serving
Calories 838 Calories from Fat 648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72g 111%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 51g
Cholesterol 108mg 36%
Sodium 4513mg 188%
Potassium 910mg 26%
Total Carbohydrates 2g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1%
Protein 45g 90%
Vitamin C 7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Spread some extra virgin olive oil on the cod and place it onto an oven resistant frying pan.
- Bake (180ºC) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown lightly the filleted garlic cloves and the chili, with its seeds removed, in 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add a shot of white wine vinegar.
- Remove the cod from the oven, where it will have loose all its natural gelatine, and pour the oil with the garlic over it.
- Place the cod on a dish and set aside.
- Emulsify the sauce, on a low heat, with the help of a fine strainer.
- Plate the cod and cover with the sauce.