Published originally in lareira.net by Marta, on 25/12/2001
Roasted kid or lamb
Amount Per Serving
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 414
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46g 71%
Saturated Fat 17g 85%
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Cholesterol 203mg 68%
Sodium 715mg 30%
Potassium 851mg 24%
Total Carbohydrates 5g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 45g 90%
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Place the lamb on a baking tray and season it with garlic salt and thyme on both sides.
- Add olive oil and a glass of white wine.
- Roast in preheated oven at 200º, heat up and down, for 50 minutes (approx), watering from time to time and turning over half the time.
- After 50 minutes, raise the oven to 250º, water with the cognac and put a piece of butter on each portion of lamb.
- Leave in the oven until golden brown on both sides.