Published originally in lareira.net by Marta, on 16/06/2002
Rice with cockles and chicken
Amount Per Serving
Calories 551 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g 22%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Cholesterol 111mg 37%
Sodium 898mg 37%
Potassium 574mg 16%
Total Carbohydrates 69g 23%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 36g 72%
Vitamin A 0.004%
Vitamin C 0.4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Wash the cockles and leave to soak for 1 hour in water with coarse salt. After 1 hour, drain the cockles and wash them again. Set aside.
- Brown the clove of garlic, filleted, in olive oil.
- Then, add the chicken, chopped and seasoned with garlic salt, and brown.
- Meanwhile, heat up the liter of water and add the saffron to it.
- Once the chicken is browned, add the rice and fry gently to seal it.
- Add the cockles and mix them with the chicken and the rice.
- Pour the water with the saffron and salt.
- Cook, covered, until the water is completely evaporated (20 minutes aprox)
- Add the peas, drained, cover and let settle for 5 minutes.