Published originally in lareira.net by Marta, on 06/12/2002
A simple recipe but very tasty. The flavor is given by the cockles as their broth is what is used to cook the hake.
Hake with cockles
Amount Per Serving
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18g 28%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Cholesterol 168mg 56%
Sodium 844mg 35%
Potassium 1006mg 29%
Total Carbohydrates 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 41g 82%
Vitamin A 3%
Vitamin C 11%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Wash the cockles well and leave them in salt water for a few hours to release the sands.
- In a saucepan put to heat water and open cockles in it.
- Once opened, remove and reserve.
- Filter the resulting broth and also reserve.
- In a paella pan or in a clay pot, brown the onion and garlic chopped very finely.
- When they are ready, incorporate the broth of the cockles and the wine. Let cook a few minutes.
- Season the hake and incorporate it. Cook on both sides until ready.
- Add the cockles and a little chopped parsley.