Published by Marta, 9 December, 2018
A quick empanada and, to my taste, delicious.
Quick because we do not have to make the dough because the one we are going to use is bought.
And delicious because the mixture of leeks and chicken is spectacular. Do not put anything else, you do not need it.
It is a very refined pie, easy to make and delicious.
Quick empanada of chicken and leeks
Amount Per Serving
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31g 48%
Saturated Fat 9g 45%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Cholesterol 69mg 23%
Sodium 72mg 3%
Potassium 316mg 9%
Total Carbohydrates 45g 15%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 26g 52%
Vitamin A 17%
Vitamin C 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Marinate the fillets with garlic salt and fry lightly in olive oil. Reserve.
- In another pan, sauté the leeks, chopped, in olive oil, until they are soft. Reserve.
- While the filling is cooling, in a baking dish, spread a sheet of dough leaving the paper underneath
- Spread the leeks over the dough once drained of oil.
- Put the chicken on the leeks (the whole fillets or cut to taste)
- Cover with the other layer of dough and seal the edges.
- Make a small hole in the middle like a chimney.
- Paint with beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200ºC, top and bottom heat, at medium height, for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before eating.