Published originally in lareira.net by Miguel, on 25/12/2001
A very simple recipe of squid in its ink. The sauce is very simple because it only has garlic, onion and, finally, a bit of chopped parsley. They can be accompanied by a white rice.
Squid in ink
Amount Per Serving
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Cholesterol 583mg 194%
Sodium 11741mg 489%
Potassium 706mg 20%
Total Carbohydrates 37g 12%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 41g 82%
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 24%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Brown the chopped onion and garlic over low heat in olive oil.
- Add a tablespoon of flour and sauté well.
- Then sauté the squid, cleaned and chopped, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Incorporate the dissolved inks in water.
- Season and cook approximately 30 minutes.
- If the sauce thickens too much add a little more water. If, on the other hand, it is too loose let it cook for 5 minutes with the pan uncovered.
- A little before finishing the cooking, add the chopped parsley and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve with white rice